Human rights lawyer Avnish Nanda and labour lawyer Adam Cembrowski join us to talk about Avnish's notable public interest law cases, winning and losing in and out of court with the Alberta government as well as a wide ranging conversation on the limits of the legal system when it comes to building power for social movements and the working class.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- POD: How a young mother and former foster kid is fighting the UCP (and winning)
- Alberta to continue iOAT program for existing clients under $6M grant
- Hundreds of former foster children to lose benefits as top court grants government's appeal
- Judge rules Alberta pastor accused of violating health orders to remain in jail
- John Carpay on lockdowns
- Labour law doesn't advance class struggle, the end
- Marianne Garneau argues that Canada’s labour law systems draws unions into a tighter embrace with employers