The UCP are trying to snatch away financial, social and education benefits from 2100 former foster kids. It's incredibly cruel and totally needless and A.C. and her lawyer Avnish Nanda have taken the government to court and won to keep these benefits – for now. We talk about this case with Nanda and Jenn Prosser an organizer and campaigner who grew up in foster care and kinship care during the aftermath of Klein's cuts.
Listen and subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts or just subscribe to the RSS feed
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- GoFundMe: Legal Challenge to SFA Program Cuts
- She survived a childhood of sexual abuse and addiction. Now she’s suing the Alberta government to keep the support she says she needs
- Pro bono constitutional challenge reveals gaps in access to justice, say legal experts
- Province appeals injunction suspending cuts to program for young adults leaving care
- Injunction stops hundreds of young adults from losing benefits as they transition from care
Do you like this post?