We speak with Ricardo Acuna and Sandra Azocar, two Chilean refugees, to listen to their stories of the CIA-backed coup that installed brutal Chilean dictator Augusto Pinochet and overthrew a democratically elected socialist government on September 11, 1973. This is a re-run from September 11, 2019.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- CIA still refuses to reveal everything it knows about Pinochet coup in Chile
- Canada’s support for the right wing coup in Chile
- Allende’s last words to the people of Chile
- Documenting U.S. Role in Democracy’s Fall and Dictator’s Rise in Chile
- Declassified American intelligence documents on American involvement in Chilean coup
- Chile dictatorship victim toll bumped to 40,018
- How the Chilean coup forever changed Canada's refugee policies
The ‘Chicago Boys’ in Chile: Economic Freedom’s Awful Toll
Pinochet forced to mount coup, Klein says
- Universities entangled in flap over Klein essay
- Review clears Klein of plagiarism allegation