How did reconciliation die? Arresting peaceful land defenders so a corporation could build a pipeline through unceded Indigenous territory at the end of RCMP-held assault rifles didn’t help but Jason Kenney played his part too. He stoked the flames of petronationalism for political gain and continues to use the time-tested settler tactic of divide and conquer. We get into the specifics of Kenney’s reconciliation strategy with Rob Houle.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- Treaty 8 First Nations walk out on meeting with Jason Kenney
- Letter from Chief Allan Adam to Kenney laying out his objections to Alberta Indigenous Opportunities Corporation
- Jason Nixon fires back at Chief Allan Adam
- Premier Kenney announces the Alberta Indigenous Opportunity Corporation Act
- Jason Kenney’s reconciliation strategy - Speech from Peter Lougheed Awards Dinner
- Court grants CN injunction against rail blockade in west Edmonton