This week on the pod: the other 9/11. On September 11th, 1973 a fascist coup, backed by the USA, overthrew the democratically elected socialist government of Chile and installed Augusto Pinochet, a brutal and murderous dictator. Two Albertans whose families were caught up in the coup tell the story and make the connections between current Alberta politics and Chile.
Apple Podcasts link: https://podcasts.apple.com/ca/podcast/the-other-9-11/id1472061764
Spotify Podcasts link: https://open.spotify.com/episode/3jMqyronQRVKvhZrRmZzi1
- CIA still refuses to reveal everything it knows about Pinochet coup in Chile
- Canada’s support for the right wing coup in Chile
- Allende’s last words to the people of Chile
- Documenting U.S. Role in Democracy’s Fall and Dictator’s Rise in Chile
- Declassified American intelligence documents on American involvement in Chilean coup
- Chile dictatorship victim toll bumped to 40,018
- How the Chilean coup forever changed Canada's refugee policies
The ‘Chicago Boys’ in Chile: Economic Freedom’s Awful Toll
Pinochet forced to mount coup, Klein says
- Universities entangled in flap over Klein essay
- Review clears Klein of plagiarism allegation
Do you like this post?