Drug policy researcher Hilary Agro joins us to dissect the Edmonton Police's reaction to the revelation that a huge portion of their officers never carry Narcan, how the EPS spreads misinformation about fentanyl and the move by Toronto to decriminalize drug possession.
If you like this podcast please support it! Go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron.
- Study: 76 per cent of EPS officers never carry Narcan, despite frequent opioid poisoning deaths in EPS holding cells
- Fentanyl contact by 2 Edmonton police officers exposes dangers of deadly drug
- Edmonton cop recalls 'close call' exposure to fentanyl
- EPS Drug Safety page with inaccurate information
- Police Use of Naloxone - The EPS response to our story