Rob Houle joins us to discuss how it's one year out from the release of a landmark report on how to actually fix the Edmonton Police and not much has happened. Instead Chief Dale McFee has introduced a host of tepid reforms—including a mandatory "Managing Unconscious Bias" class that both Rob and I took. Listen to learn more.
Listen and subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts or just subscribe to the RSS feed
If you like this podcast please support it! Go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron.
- Canadian Police Knowledge Network: Managing Unconscious Bias
- Safer for All: Report and Recommendations of the Community Safety and Well-Being Task Force
- Commitment to Action: Implementation Plan
- Report to the Edmonton Police Commission: Managing Unconscious Bias E-Learning Module
- A common test to evaluate people's implicit bias has been 'oversold,' U of T researcher says
Do you like this post?