Edmonton and Calgary spend nine times more on the police than they spend on housing the homeless or social programs. Combined the two cities spend $750 million a year on cops. We talk with Reakash Walters and Molly Swain about how to divest from police and invest in the community.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- Email your councillor: Divest from police; Invest in community
- Prairie Province Prisoner Support Fund
- 'This happens everywhere': Man restrained beneath Edmonton police officer's shin speaks out
- Edmonton anti-black racism toolkit by Bashir Mohamed
- Calgary and Edmonton spend more than $750 million a year on cops. It’s time to defund the police