The recent deaths of both Ted Byfield and Desmond Tutu has brought to light some historical amnesia on just who exactly supported apartheid South Africa and who fought against it. Michael Bueckert joins us to discuss the the many conservative journalists, politicians and activists who supported apartheid.
Desmond Tutu on stage at the Minneapolis Convention Center on April 11, 2008. Image via Joshua Wanyama.
If you like this podcast please support it! Go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron.
- Harper and His Movement Were No Friends to Mandela
- South African investigators may come to Canada
- Desmond Tutu: Obedience to God
- Joe Slovo: A Believing Unbeliever
- Ted Byfield was one of Apartheid South Africa's biggest boosters
- Calgary Herald goes off on Desmond Tutu
- Desmond Tutu calls oilsands 'filth,' urges cooperation on environment