While Albertans suffer from brutal austerity corporations in Alberta will collectively pocket $4.7 billion dollars from Kenney’s corporate tax cut - at least that’s what the government of Alberta and the media is telling you. But when you dig into what these companies are telling their shareholders you find that Kenney's corporate tax is costing Albertans at least $6 billion and probably much, much more. To help us sort through this we have Angella Macewen, senior economist with the Canadian Union of Public Employees as our guest.
If you like our podcast and want to support it head to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
Listen and subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts or just subscribe to the RSS feed
- Labour party video on why corporate tax cuts don’t work
- Darren Gee, CEO of Peyo Exploration on climate change
- Calgary Oil CEO Warns Workers Alberta Could Separate From Canada If Conservatives Lose the Election
- UCP’s Corporate Tax Cuts Could Let Five Companies Alone Reduce Public Revenues $4.3 Billion
- CUPE: The hidden cost of corporate tax cuts
- Spreadsheet – Alberta's Corporate Tax Cut: What they're actually saving