The UCP government tried to stop us from reporting on their no-good, very bad 2020 budget. They called us an advocacy organization and tried to keep us out of the media lockup. But we didn't back down, we took the government to court and won and now Jason Kenney owes us $2000. We talk with Heidi Besuijen, Progress Alberta's lawyer, about the case and Jim and Duncan break down the worst parts of the 2020 budget.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- Alberta Politics: Progress Alberta wins injunction against Kenney government, which tried to ban progressive news site from budget lockup
- Parkland Institute: What you need to know about Budget 2020
- Global: Drayton Valley clinic says it’s losing 2 family doctors ‘due to current health-care cuts’
- Global: 'A step backwards': Parent advocates say changes to PUF will lead to segregation of special needs kids
- St. Albert Today: Alberta government to close, privatize campgrounds