A national Indian Residential School Crisis Line has been set up to provide support for residential school survivors and others affected. People can access emotional and crisis referral services by calling the 24-hour national crisis line: 1-866-925-4419.
As the numbers of unmarked graves at the sites of former residential schools piles up Rob Houle returns to discuss happy and sad fireworks, what you're celebrating when you're celebrating Canada Day and we dive into the details of a couple of sites where it has long been speculated that there are mass, unmarked graves in Alberta.
Photo by wader
Listen and subscribe on Spotify, Stitcher, Apple Podcasts or just subscribe to the RSS feed
If you like this podcast please support it! Go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron.
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada: Calls to Action
- Between when this podcast was recorded and when it was released another 182 unmarked graves were discovered at the site of a former residential school near Creston, B.C.
- The Ghosts of Camsell
- Roman Catholic Indian Residential Schools in Alberta
- Edmonton's own hospital of horrors
- Edmonton Indian Residential School write-up from thechildrenremembered.ca, a United Church project that collects writings and records on the residential schools they ran
Do you like this post?