Jason Kenney just committed the biggest mass layoff in Alberta's history in the middle of a pandemic. It's the kind of cruel and contemptible behaviour we've come to expect. To help us process and understand the fallout from the brutal decision to fire 26,000 education workers we have Edmonton Public School Board trustee Bridget Stirling on the pod.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- The biggest layoffs in Canadian history
- Twitter thread from Duane Froese, father of a child who needs an educational assistant
- Edmonton father concerned over decision to redirect education funding amid COVID-19 crisis
- Alberta Politics: 26,000 jobs gone with the wind in a day
- CBC: Alberta parents worried how latest cuts will further disrupt student education