With the global economy in freefall thanks to the one-two punch of coronavirus and an oil price war we explore a very relevant subject in the months and years to come – AIMCo's investments in oil and gas companies that will likely go bankrupt and drop billions of dollars worth of environmental liabilities on the public.
We have Regan Boychuk of the Alberta Liabilities Disclosure Project on to discuss the subject.
If you like this podcast and you want to support it go to https://www.theprogressreport.ca/patrons and become a monthly patron!
- Alberta Liabilities Disclosure Project
- CBC Sunday Edition: 'If the polluter doesn't pay to clean it up, taxpayers will have to': Alberta's growing oil well problem
- Carbon risk for Alberta’s public pension manager AIMCo questioned
- Yedlin: AIMCo sees opportunities in energy sector - From the Calgary Herald in 2016
- CBC: Provincial investment in oil and gas may be needed in changing investment climate, Kenney says
- AIMCO: Alberta Growth Mandate
- Alberta Heritage Savings Trust Fund Annual Report 2018-2019